Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn Wisconsin

I took a walk today this late afternoon, the sun just starting to set. The whole time I listened to the In Between Dreams Jack Johnson CD, and I felt pretty cool. I was really proud of myself of how awesomely awesome the awesome pictures of mine are.
So I walk, and it begins! 8D


I actually like how overgrown our grass looks sometimes. It's cool, and there was a lot of those straw thingies in the yard; like patches of them everywhere.


"I R a hoodlum!"

You know all those red berries on the bushes in our yard? The poisonous ones? Well, all today a bunch of birds have been swooping in and nom nom nomming on the berries! I got really close to a bird. It had already swallowed the berry, but I saw it do so. It was so cool!







This picture above is probably my favorite of all of them.



I looked like a homeless hoodlum, [with my giant swatshirt and baggy sweatpants], looking for trouble. I put my hood down to not scare the neighbors, and I took out my camera to show them I was a harmless citizen, just taking pictures. I probably still looked creepy, though, [looking like I was taking pictures of their homes], so I made sure my camera was always pointed at the sky. Jeez, I can't go walkin' in my own culd du sac without the neighbors eyeballing me.
This is my favorite time of day: Rays of orange light streaking through the trees, slightly chilly, shadows dancing in corners, light hitting leaves and bark jsut right...

This is me, bringing Hartford to you. Have a good upcoming week! :o)








3 comments:

  1. Oh Lilly, you captured it perfectly. Thank you.

    Cul-de-sac? I never knew how it was spelled until now! I thought it was something like "coldusack". Apparently it's french for dead end street that literally means "bottom of bag". So cool.

    It's definitely autumn. Again, thank you for all the pictures Lilly. I miss you! Think I'll write you a letter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lilly! BEAUTIFUL pictures! This makes me miss Hartford.

    I think we must be on the same brain-wave, because the other day I went for a bike ride around Madison and took pictures of fall leaves and miscellaneous Halloween gear I found in people's yards. I love this time of year! Probably because it's birthday season... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably shouldn't post on a blog the exact place where you live. XD

    Nice pictures though, Lilly!

    I was surprised too when I was reading a book and saw "cul de sac" because I never knew how to spell it.

    ReplyDelete