Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wings by Aprilynne Pike


So I just finished reading a really good book, Wings, by Aprilynne Pike.

So way back when in March (of 2009) I found this really cool website Fantastic Fiction. -http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ - It's a website that list new books that are coming out, and other bestsellers and popular books. So anyway, I clicked on the New Books button and was led to a page with a bunch of titles. And so I came across Wings. Of course the cover of the book got me - plus the little comment from Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight Series - so I clicked on the summary. This is what I got:

An extraordinary faerie tale of magic and mystery, romance and danger, described by Stephenie Meyer as 'a remarkable debut'. Laurel is an ordinary fifteen-year-old high school girl. But something incredible is happening to her. She is changing. Now Laurel is about to discover that a deep and powerful magic holds the key to her destiny.

O.O ~ Of course, now I had to get it! But it came out in May, a few months away. But still, when it DID come out, I didn't have any money to get it. And voila! My birthday was finally here on October 14th. So I got out my birthday list and wrote, at the top of the list, Wings (book, purple cover; found at Walmart).

And I GOT IT! So I read it like crazy, and four days afterwards I had finished the 290 paged novel. It was REALLY good.

Now, as I looked in the back of the book, I saw there was no preview for a sequel. Usually all books I read have previews for their next book in the series. I went on the computer to see if Pike is writing anything else - and Wings is a four book series! AWESOME!

(Kelly, my "hysteric" sister, is yelling and singing at me and says she's in withdrawal from the computer. Better let her on - she's starting to sing Christmas songs!)

1 comment:

  1. Kelly can get pretty crazy sometimes...

    Best not let it get to the mouth-foaming stage.

    ReplyDelete